CUSC Program Descriptions
Chesapeake United Soccer Club offers programs for players of all ages and ability levels. See the descriptions below for all three programs: Competitive, Advanced, and Youth Academy. For more specific information on each program and to register online, click the name of the program in blue.
- The Competitive Program at Chesapeake United is the highest level of play for ages U-9 to U-19.
- All coaches in this program are paid professionals who are licensed by the United States Soccer Federation.
- Teams participate in the Virginia Soccer League (VSLi) and typically play 8-10 games per season against other club travel teams.
- Two tournaments are included in the fees per year and are determined by the Chesapeake United Staff.
- Technical Training is provided by the Club Technical Director in the fall, winter, and spring seasons.
Players participate in open tryouts each spring and are assigned to teams based on age and skill level. Tryouts for all new and returning players and online registration are required for the new soccer year.
If you still have questions about the Competitive Program, please contact Kristin Carden at KC@ChesapeakeUnited.org.
- The Advanced Program is for players looking for a less competitive, more recreationally based team for ages U-9 to U-19.
- Coaches in this program are volunteers and the Advanced League (TASL) is based on recreation, not competition.
- Teams participating in the Advanced Program typically play 8 to 10 games a season against other Advanced teams in the Hampton Roads area.
Player placements and online registration are required for all new and returning players.
For additional information about the Advanced Program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chesapeake United Soccer Club’s Youth Academy is an in-house program which provides professional coaching for player development before entering the Competitive or Advanced Programs. The players in the Academy and Academy First Start are divided into two groups based on age: U4, U5, U6 (First Start) and U7, U8 (Academy).
Academy (U7/U8): The Academy is an in-house developmental program for players ages U-7 to U-8. The program is focused on the technical skills i.e.: dribbling, passing, receiving, shooting, and development of the player in small sided games to prepare for the next level – the Competitive Program. Players in this program are coached by professional, licensed staff who are certified by the United States Soccer Federation. The Academy program will practice twice a week and play Intra-Academy games on Saturdays. For additional information about the Academy Program, please contact email@example.com.
First Start (U4/U5/U6): This program is an in-house introductory soccer program for ages U-4 to U-6. The program is focused on providing a fun, friendly environment for younger players to participate in soccer through the small-sided game concept. Early technical skill will be introduced in age appropriate games and activities. Coaches in this program are parent volunteers who participate in the program with their children. There will be one training/practice session a week with a game on Saturday. Once registered, players are placed on co-ed teams that remain the same for the season. The First Start program is the “grass roots” of youth soccer and seeks to provide a fun environment where players can learn very basic skill and begin to love the game. For additional information about the Academy First Start Program, please contact Kristin Carden, CUSC Academy Director of Coaching at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For administrative questions and help with registration, contact email@example.com.
For soccer specific questions, contact KC@chesapeakeunited.org