The Chesapeake United Academy Program is a preparatory soccer program that focuses on various aspects of individual player development. The objective of the Academy is to provide an appropriate intermediate curriculum to maximize technical development and basic tactical understanding in a training and game environment that will prepare players for the Competitive Program. All players will receive instruction from professional, licensed coaching staff. Through quality coaching and a well-developed curriculum, the Academy seeks to develop a strong foundation in each player which will best prepare them for the Competitive Program beginning at U9.
Meet the Staff!
CUSC ACADEMY PROGRAM FEES
Academy Division Club Fee: $119 per player
1. ACADEMY PROGRAM CLUB FEE COVERS:
- Fee includes two jerseys (one white and one blue)
- VYSA Insurance Fees
- Trained Coaching Staff Salaries
- End of Season Treat and Award
- Club Staff
- Field use and maintenance
- Miscellaneous Club operational expenses
Each season will include the following:
- 2 one-hour sessions each week for 8 weeks
- 1 Intra-Academy Program game each Saturday
- Professional coaching staff
- All training sessions will be designed and planned by Academy Staff
- Parent meeting preceding the fall and spring seasons
- 2 training/game shirts
- Awards Day at the conclusion of each season
2. REFUND POLICY:
- Refunds can be requested up to the beginning of the season’s first practice.
- After the season begins, NO refunds will be given unless a player is injured or is required to move out of the Hampton Roads Area.
- The amount of refund or credit for the next season will be determined on a case by case basis.
- Documentation is required for unexpected moves or injuries.
- Refunds granted prior to the beginning of the season will be given less the following fees:
o $20.00 Administrative Fee.
o $ 10.00 VYSA Insurance Fee·
o Money spent by club on jersey or award if orders already placed.
- Refund request date is the date that a written request is made via letter or email. All requests must be in writing.
U4-U6 Players: Academy First Start Program
U7-U8 Players: Academy Program
U9 Players: Advanced/Competitive Programs
For additional information please contact: academydoc@chesapeakeunited.
CUSC Academy Program Contacts
Nan Beck, Club Administrator ClubAdmin@ChesapeakeUnited.org
Kristin Carden, CUSC Academy Director of Coaching
ACADEMY AND FIRST START
WHAT YOUR CHILD WILL NEED FOR PRACTICES AND GAMES:
Cleats (preferred but tennis shoe are acceptable)
Size 3 Soccer Ball – U4 through U6
Size 3 Soccer Ball – U7 – U8
Academy & First Start Calendar
*Make-Up Schedule to be determined by the Club. Some rain dates are built into the Academy and First Start Schedules.*