The Chesapeake United First Start Program is the entry level of soccer that focuses on various aspects of individual player development. The objective of the First Start Program is to provide a basic, introductory environment for players who are just beginning organized sports. The program will concentrate on the social aspects of the game as well as fundamental, elementary soccer-specific topics including dribbling, passing, and shooting. The First Start Program seeks to develop an enjoyment for the game in each player while providing an age appropriate curriculum as a precursor to the Academy Program.
Calendar & Game Schedules
Fall 2023 Season: March 18 – May 4
First Practices: Week of March 18
Last Practices: Week of April 29
First Game: March 23
Last Game: May 4
Practices on Wednesday OR Thursday:
Wednesday: 2019 teams
Thursday: 2018 teams and 2020 teams
Games on Saturday Mornings:
Games at 9:45a or 11:15a — see game schedule (sent via email one week before games)
*Awards Day is last Saturday of games
1857 Centerville Turnpike S., Chesapeake, VA
Each season will include the following:
- weekly 45-minute training sessions
- 1 Intra-First Start Program game each Saturday
- Volunteer staff for individual teams
- Parent meeting preceding the fall and spring seasons
- 2 training/game shirts
- Awards Day at the conclusion of each season
For additional information about the Academy First Start Program, please contact: Maurice@chesapeakeunited.com
Program Fee Schedule
1. ACADEMY FIRST START PROGRAM FEES
U4-6 Academy First Start Program Fees:
Club Fee: $89.00 paid per season.
2. ACADEMY FIRST START PROGRAM CLUB FEE COVERS:
- Fee includes two jerseys (one white and one blue)
- VYSA Insurance Fees
- Trained Coaching Staff Salaries
- End of Season Award
- Club Staff
- Field use and maintenance
- Miscellaneous Club operational expenses
3. REFUND POLICY:
- Refunds can be requested up to the beginning of the season’s first practice.
- After the season begins, NO refunds will be given unless a player is injured or is required to move out of the Hampton Roads Area. Documentation is required for unexpected moves or injuries.
- The amount of refund or credit for the next season will be determined on a case by case basis.
- Chesapeake United is not obligated to offer refunds and may not be able to depending on circumstances. All refunds are handled on a case-by-case basis. Processing fees may apply in addition to funds allocated for program and club expenses.
- Refunds granted prior to the beginning of the season may be given less the following fees: $20 administrative fee, $10 for VYSA Insurance, $15 for player t-shirts, $10 for player award (if order has been placed).
- Refund request date is the date that a written request is made via letter or email. All requests must be in writing.
U4-U6 Players: Academy First Start Program
U7-U8 Players: Academy Program
U9 Players: Advanced/Competitive Programs
For additional information please contact: email@example.com
CUSC Academy Program Contacts
Maurice Burnett, Director of Grassroots Programs // Maurice@ChesapeakeUnited.com
Chelsea Varnes, Club Admin // Admin@ChesapeakeUnited.com
ACADEMY AND FIRST START
WHAT YOUR CHILD WILL NEED FOR PRACTICES AND GAMES:
Cleats (preferred but tennis shoes are acceptable)
Size 3 Soccer Ball – U4 through U6
Size 3 Soccer Ball – U7 – U8